Sophrology is a gentle non-intrusive body mind method that can help at different stages of life and for different purposes:
- sleep problems
- stress and anxiety related disorders
- difficulties to lose or gain weight
- migraines and recurring headaches
- digestives problems
- chronic fatigue and ME
- stress related skin problems
- physical pain
- develop self-confidence, self-esteem and assertivity
- identify positive inner resources and strengths
- support the development of a personal or professional project
- manage stress efficiently and improve concentration skills
- improve the ability to adapt to change
- develop interpersonal and communication skills
- boost creativity
- improve the ability to find solutions and make decisions
- exam, interview or public speaking
- sport or art performance
- pregnancy, birth and parenthood
- any forthcoming stressful event
Practising Sophrology will impact your wellbeing positively in many different ways including:
- A calm, clear and alert mind in a relaxed body
- Restful and restorative sleep
- Balanced energy levels
- Harmony on a physical, mental and emotional level
- Greater awareness of your qualities, needs and values
- Feeling more confident and grounded
- Better focus and concentration
- Enhanced creativity
- Resilience to stress and ability manage it efficiently
- Feeling more at ease and comfortable in your own skin
Sophrology is accessible to everyone; there is no restriction in terms of age of physical ability
A few words on Sophrology
Sophrology is a highly popular method that has been used for over 50 years in France, Spain and Switzerland in various settings including sleep clinics, hospitals, schools, businesses, and much more. The discipline is a growing profession in the English speaking world and it is becoming more widely available across the UK.
It is a structured method that enables you to reconnect with your inner resources and capacities to improve your health and achieve a greater sense of balance and wellbeing.
To create long lasting positive changes in your life, you have to look within yourself. You have the keys to feel better in your body, calmer, more confident, more positive and more grounded. We are sometimes completely disconnected from these resources and what Sophrology does is help you bring them back to the surface so you can fully exploit them and improve the quality of your life. By going within, you regain the power to change your outer reality.
Working with me
I welcome you in a safe and comfortable space where you can explore the power of your body and your mind to overcome your problem. I guide you with my voice through a tailored combination of breathing exercises, concentration, gentle body movements and sophronisations (visualisations specific to Sophrology). The exercises are done in different postures, standing up and sitting down and mostly eyes closed.
You go away from a session with several techniques that you will be able to easily use in your everyday personal and professional life as well as a recording of the session.
When you decide to come for sessions, it is important that you commit to practicing regularly in your everyday life. The more you practice, the quicker you experience the benefits. It is a method that is very well adapted to our busy modern lifestyles and you will naturally find yourself using exercises on the bus, whilst waiting at the post office, sitting at your desk, etc.. There is no magic recipe. Just like any other practices, creating a long lasting change takes time and discipline. If you start practicing for 5 or 10 minutes a day, you will quickly feel the positive impact on your physical, emotional and mental state.
We work together face-to-face in one of my clinic in Central London (South Kensington or Bond Street) or via skype. The number of sessions will vary depending on your needs and how you feel throughout the sessions.
Face-to-face sessions are £75/hour and 1 hour Skype session is £40. Payment is on the day if working face to face and upfront for Skype sessions (via Paypal).
Please note that there is a 24 hour cancellation fee.
Discounts for block sessions are available:
- Package of 5 face-to-face sessions (including recordings): £325.