Every woman needs support on her journey to becoming a mother.
I can be here for you from pre-conception to the first few months after your baby’s birth.
- Trying for a baby but feeling generally tense and stressed and you are worried this might be reducing your chances of getting pregnant rapidly?
- Already pregnant but anxious and scared about the upcoming birth and the pain you may experience?
- A brand new mummy, feeling tired, drained and out of your depth?
If you can identify yourself in one of these descriptions, I can help you. Through the practice of Sophrology, you will reconnect with resources that you have within yourself to feel calmer and more relaxed and face this new stage in your life with serenity, strength and confidence.
What to expect
I offer an open, safe and supportive space for you to share your story and your worries. Together, we will then practice some Sophrology exercises which include breathing, concentration, body movements and visualisations. Sophrology is a gentle method working both with the body and mind to help you reach a harmony, serenity and wellbeing. Through Sophrology, you learn to listen to your body and follow its wisdom to prepare your body for pregnancy, comfortable birth and a quick recovery post partum.
It is my intention to help you feel at ease in integrating and embodying the techniques so you can re-use them very easily in your everyday life.
You will be given exercises to practice in between the sessions.Regular practice is KEY in Sophrology if you would like to experience the full benefits of the method. The more you practice, the quicker you master the techniques. They anchor themselves in the body so you are able to quickly access these resources wherever and whenever you are.
Sophrology supports you throughout your journey to becoming a mother. It is a complementary method that cannot, in any case, replace any medical advice or preparation provided by the midwife, obstetrician or doctor. Note that this preparation will not prevent the use of medical intervention during labour should it be necessary.
By working together, you will learn to
- Relax and unwind on your own quickly and efficiently
- Evacuate worries and stress and let go of physical tension in your body
- Develop a better awareness of how your body functions
- Empty your mind so you can focus on the essential, the important things
- Bond with your baby before it is born, communicate on a deeper level
- Mentally prepare for the different stages of labour and ease the discomfort and pain during birth
- Build your confidence in your ability to face new situations, not only the birth but also the profound changes that comes once the baby is born
- Gain a deeper sense of energy, aliveness and presence in your body.
How it works
We work together face to face in one of my clinics in London (South Kensington or Bond Street) or via skype for a number of sessions that we will agree during our initial consultation. The number of sessions varies depending on your demand. Please count a minimum of 5 sessions for birth preparation (from 5th month of pregnancy).
Face-to-face sessions are £75/hour. 1 hour Skype session is £40.
Package for 5 face-to-face sessions (including recordings) is £325.
Payment is on the day if working face to face and upfront for Skype sessions (via Paypal). Please note that there is a 24 hour cancellation fee.
Are you unable to meet face-to-face or do Skype session? Not to worry, you can still benefit from Sophrology with my fantastic online Pregnancy & Motherhood Programmes. For more information, click here.