Are you stressing out about an upcoming exam or important presentation?
On the run up to an exam, stress and nervousness can be overwhelming, disturb your revision schedule and affect your memory skills. Worries grow as you face the amount of revision you have to go through, your body starts tensing up, doubts about your success creep in, your sleep is not restful anymore, you reach out for more food than usual, etc. These are usually manifestations of exam stress.
Is your upcoming exam causing you to experience:
- Stress, physical tension and aches in the body
- Insomnia, disrupted sleep
- Stomach pain
- Negative thoughts
- Worries about not knowing the content of the exam, whether you have revised enough for it and uncertainty about being successful
- Low self-confidence and self-esteem
- Low motivation
- Lack of focus and concentration
How Sophrology can help you
During Sophrology sessions, you experience a combination of breathing techniques, concentration exercises, body movements and visualisations that you can easily re-use in your everyday life. Sophrology is a gentle effective method that helps:
- Release stress related muscular tension that creates unnecessary discomfort and pain in your body
- Improve the quality of your sleep and your energy levels
- Boost your concentration and memory skills
- Manage your stress and nervousness efficiently
- Improve your self-confidence and positive thoughts
- Discover your inner resources and develop your potential for success
- Remain calm, relaxed and focused during a written or oral exam
All techniques practiced during the sessions must also be practiced in between the sessions for optimal results. The beauty of the method lies in the fact that these techniques will remain with you for life and help in many other life situations.
More about Sophrology here.
We work together face-to-face in one of my clinic in London (South Kensington or Bond Street) or via skype. The number of sessions will vary depending on your needs and how much time we have before your exam.
Face-to-face sessions are £75/hour. 1 hour Skype session is £40. Payment is on the day if working face to face and upfront for Skype sessions (via Paypal).
Please note that there is a 24 hour cancellation fee.
Discounts for block sessions are available:
- Package of 5 face-to-face sessions (including recordings): £325.
Please note that small groups can be organised if you and several people passing the same exam would like to prepare together and benefit from a discounted price. Please get in touch to organise these sessions with me and enquire about cost per person.